Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mexican Two Bean Chicken Chili

This is one of my favorite chili recipes.  I have been making it for years and many people have requested the recipe over the years.  My kids won't eat it yet, but I'm sure some day it will become a favorite of theirs too.  I love to serve it with some jalapeno cheddar cornbread with honey butter - yum!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

MEXICAN TWO BEAN CHICKEN CHILI

1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 3/4 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 oz. each) cans chicken broth
1 (16 oz.) jar thick and chunky salsa (you choose the heat)
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin

1)  In a large pot, combine chicken broth, salsa and tomato sauce.

2)  Add chopped zucchini, beans, corn, shredded chicken, garlic and spices.

3)  Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes or until zucchini is somewhat tender, but not mushy.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this for dinner last night. It was SO good! I didn't have any tomato sauce or zucchini on hand so I skipped those and was in a hurry so used a can of chicken. Next time I'll follow the recipe exactly, but it was great even with those couple of alterations. Thanks Kirsten!

Kirsten said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you liked it!! Thanks for letting me know!