Sunday, January 20, 2013

Caramel Apple Salad

My friend Stacy gave me this recipe, so I'm not sure where it originally came from, but it is AWESOME!!  If you are dairy-free, you can't do the Cool Whip, and I haven't looked into non-dairy options for that yet, but I'm sure they're out there!  This is very easy to whip up and everyone raves about it and has seconds, and thirds!

Enjoy,
Kirsten
CARAMEL APPLE SALAD
6 small granny smith apples, skin on, cored and chopped (toss in lemon juice to keep from discoloring)
16 oz Cool Whip
3 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
6-8 Snickers bars
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
Peanuts (optional)

1)  Mix Cool Whip and pudding mix together in a large bowl, mixture will seem a little lumpy.
2)  Add apples and snickers.
3)  Chill for at least an hour.  Before serving, drizzle with warm caramel sauce and peanuts (if desired).

No comments: