Monday, January 28, 2013

Bob's Red Mill Pancake Mix

My take on BOB'S RED MILL PANCAKE MIX:

We are on the hunt for a yummy boxed (or bagged) pancake mix!  Pamela's was my favorite, but we have had to stop using it because it is not dairy-free!  If you can have dairy, Pamela's is definitely the one I would recommend!

So tonight we tried the Bob's Red Mill.  I tried it plain and then I also added a little cinnamon.  It was very good!  No funny taste, no after taste, very thick and hearty.  I might even make them a little on the thin side next time.  It was so thick and hearty that I could only eat one!  My little guy had his with chocolate chips and he loved it.  Drew (my oldest) said it was yummy too - he eats his in silver dollars, plain, with a light dusting of powdered sugar.  Yes, when it comes to pancakes it our house, they are made to order.  It's not that way with most other meals!

So I may be adding this product to my list of favorites, but I have a few others to try first, so keep checking back!

All-in-all, I would recommend this product.  It was very tasty and you really couldn't tell that it is gluten-free.  Oh - and it's dairy-free too!!

Happy Pancake Making!

Kirsten

No comments: