Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Bars

These are a delicious and healthy snack for you and your kids!  I know a friend gave me this recipe, but I didn't write down who it was, so I'm sure someone will fess up after seeing it on my blog!  It doesn't get much easier than this - only 4 ingredients!!

Enjoy!
Kirsten


BANANA OATMEAL BARS

2 very large (or 3 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups quick oats (not instant)

(Optional:  1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce to add more moisture)

1)  Preheat oven to 350F.

2)  Mix ingredients together in a large bowl.

3)  Press dough into a lightly greased 9x9 baking pan.

4)  Bake for 30 minutes.  Cool on wire rack then cut into bars.

NOTES:

~I store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator

~You could also use pecans instead of walnuts

No comments: