Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jello Pudding Mishap

So my oldest son, Drew, loves Jello and asks me to make him some yesterday.  Well, my little guy, Will, is jealous, so today he asks me to make him some chocolate pudding (he hates Jello).

Even though I usually opt for all natural products, I went ahead and made a box of Jello Chocolate Pudding that was in my pantry.  Both the Jello and the pudding have artifical coloring, which I always try to stay away from.

Anyway, as I was making the chocolate pudding, I was thinking, "yep, here's another thing that I won't be able to eat again", not that I ate pudding frequently anyway, but it's the fact that you CAN'T have it that makes you want it even more, you know?  So I had a brilliant idea!  I had another box of pudding (Butterscotch) in the pantry, so I decided I would give it a try using almond milk!

I checked the ingredient list on the box of pudding itself and it appeared to be gluten and dairy free, so I thought I had a great solution!!  Well, it didn't work!  It never "set", it stayed soupy.

So, the moral of the story, unless you want to drink your pudding with a straw, don't try using almond milk in place of regular milk!

No comments: