Friday, January 18, 2013

Maple Pecan Salmon

Very yummy recipe from my cousin Marianne.  She is the cook/baker that I aspire to be.  She has 4 children at home, home schools them all, bakes her own bread and is a wonderful wife and mother!  God is her strength, as He is mine, and she is as humble as can be.  If you asked her, she would say that she is far from having it "all together", but I think she is awesome!!

Okay, back to the recipe - this is a great way to dress up salmon!  It's simple with only a few ingredients, and the best part, my kids love it too!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

MAPLE PECAN SALMON

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 salmon fillets

Topping:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped pecans

1)  Preheat oven to 400F.

2)  Place salmon, (skin side down if it has skin on), in an aluminum foil lined baking dish.

3)  Mix the mustard and syrup together and spread the mixture on top of the fillets.

4)  Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the salmon.

5)  Bake for 15-20 min. or until salmon flakes with a fork.

NOTES:

~Wild caught salmon is healthier than farmed, but it is very pricey.  I recommend it if you can afford it, otherwise, using the farmed fish will be fine.

~I also recommend using 100% pure maple syrup, but again, if cost is an issue, use your Log Cabin or your syrup of choice!

~You can buy gluten-free bread crumbs or you can make your own with some dried up g-free bread.  If you are not gluten-free, the original recipe calls for seasoned bread crumbs.  If you find seasoned g-free crumbs, go for it!  I usually make my own, so I haven't looked for them.

No comments: