Friday, February 22, 2013

Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken

HOLY COW is this chicken delicious!!  I made it for dinner tonight.  We haven't eaten yet, but I just took a little sample.  YUM!!  It's funny because I was rushing to get it into the crock-pot at 10:00 this morning, and guess what, on the low setting, it was done by Noon - oops!  The recipe said 8 hours - I don't  think so!  You can tell when a chicken breast is done just by looking at it, seriously!  You can also tell by touch when it is almost done - if it feels "solid" and doesn't have any "jiggle", it's probably either done, or almost done.  If you aren't sure, just cut into the biggest one in the thickest spot and you'll know for sure!  So the timing wasn't right, but it tastes unbelievable!  I am serving it with some white rice (to put the extra sauce over) and oven baked broccoli.  Seriously yummy meal!

Hope you enjoy it too!
Kirsten

PS: This recipe came from the Six Sisters website:  www.SixSistersStuff.com

MAPLE DIJON GLAZED CHICKEN

1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
1 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste

1)  Place all ingredients except for chicken in your slow cooker and blend well.

2)  Add the chicken and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

3)  Sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary for serving.

NOTES:

~When I see chicken breasts, I always think boneless, skinless, because that is pretty much all I use, but this would have taken longer to cook with the bone in, maybe that is what they used?  I still have a hard time believing it would take 8 hours though.  Use whichever you like, but pay attention to your time, because like I said, mine only took 2 hours to cook fully done on low!!

~I used 4 breasts, which was a few ounces more than 1 1/2 pounds.

~I always recommend 100% pure maple syrup - I get mine for a decent price at Costco.

~This makes a great freezer meal!  Just mix all of the ingredients in a resealable gallon bag and freeze it!  When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and thaw in the fridge for 24 hours.  Then follow the cooking instructions above.

No comments: