Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mamma Mia! Pancake Mix

My take on MAMMA MIA! PANCAKE MIX:

We tried it this morning for the first time and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised.  It's basically made from only two flours, so I had my doubts (the best gluten-free foods tend to use at least 3 or more different flours), but it was very good!

The mix is wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, corn and yeast free!  To keep it that way, you can make the pancakes by adding sparkling juice or water and oil, however, we chose to make it using the traditional method on the bag, which calls for milk, eggs and oil.  We did use almond milk instead of regular milk.

The batter was thin - so the pancakes were thin and light, but my little guys like them that way.  I made silver dollars for them and they said it was the best mix we have tried yet!

This company also makes one of my favorite dip mixes - a garlic dip mix.  They use all natural ingredients and so far, I have liked every Mamma Mia! product I have tried!

I am still on the hunt for a delicious "from scratch" recipe, but as far as mixes go, this is the one I would recommend.  If you can have dairy, Pamela's pancake mix is my fave (it contains buttermilk)!

Happy Pancake Making!

Kirsten

No comments: