Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tried this recipe today for the first time and it was awesome!!!  When you are mixing up the ingredients, you will think it's strange and the dough doesn't taste like regular chocolate chip cookie dough, but the cookies are fabulous!  If you want a box mix - I recommend Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, and that dough does taste yummy, but for homemade, this recipe is awesome!  They are gluten-free and easily made dairy-free with non-dairy chocolate chips!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from elanaspantry.com

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate chips (73% cacao)

1)  Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.

2)  Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.

3)  Mix wet ingredients into dry.

4)  Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet.

5)  Bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.

6)  Cool and serve.

NOTES:

~The dough will seem very wet.  If it starts sticking to your hands, wash your hands and then continue.

~She does not recommend Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour - it is too course and won't work well for baking.  I bought mine on-line from Honeyville Food Products.  It is much cheaper to buy it on-line vs. in the store.

~I used regular iodized salt.

~I used gluten and dairy-free Chocolate Dream semi-sweet baking chips and they taste just like regular chocolate chips!

~Make sure you do press the balls down a bit after you put them on the cookie sheet, otherwise they will not flatten like they should.

~I let them sit for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before taking them off, but I found that they stuck to my spatula and if I tried to use my finger to "push" them off onto the cooling rack, they would "smush", so I actually slid them off the spatula into my hand and then carefully laid them on the rack.  This worked well and none of them broke apart or were deformed.  You could also leave them on the cookie sheet a bit longer so they could firm up more.

No comments: