Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cranberry Lemon Muffins

I was in a baking mood today, so in addition to chocolate chip cookies, I made these muffins and some granola!  A couple of weekends ago I was singing at a friend's church and one of the ladies on the worship team brought these delicious gluten and dairy-free muffins in and WOW, they were delicious!!  She didn't have lemons, so she used orange zest and that was delicious too!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: This recipe is from elanaspantry.com.

CRANBERRY LEMON MUFFINS

2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon lemon zest

1)  In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cranberries.

2)  In a smaller bowl, stir together oil, eggs, agave and lemon zest.

3)  Stir wet ingredients into dry.

4)  Spoon batter into a paper lined 12 cup muffin pan.

5)  Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.

6)  Cool and serve.

Make 12 muffins

~She does not recommend Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour for baking.  I ordered my almond flour on-line from Honeyville Food Products.

~I used regular iodized salt.

No comments: