Thursday, August 27, 2015

Perfect Oven-Roasted Brussel Sprouts

If you're like me and you HATED (with a passion) brussel sprouts when you were a kid, you have to try them now!  A friend turned me onto them recently and I absolutely LOVE them!

I'll be honest, they make your house STINK like cabbage, but to me, it's worth it!  My kids complain, but they don't have to eat them!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PERFECT OVEN-ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS

Brussel sprouts
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt

1)  Wash the brussel sprouts and cut them into halves or quarters if they are large.

2)  Place them in an even layer on a large baking sheet and drizzle with a good amount of olive oil.

3)  Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt.

4)  Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until tender.

NOTES:

~It's not an exact science, so there are no amounts for this recipe!  I like to buy bagged brussel sprouts from Trader Joe's and I usually use two bags when I make them.  They keep nicely and reheat well, so I refrigerate the leftovers in a glass container for up to a week.

~You can adjust the salt to your liking or try different seasonings, like garlic salt.



No comments: