Thursday, August 20, 2015

Spicy Asian Pork Filling

I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious!  I used tortillas for my boys and I used lettuce to make lettuce wraps for myself, since I am not eating corn right now.  I loved the salty taste from the soy sauce and the ginger and chili sauce give it so much flavor!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from the cook book, Crock Pot, The Original Slow Cooker Recipe Collection.

SPICY ASIAN PORK FILLING

1 boneless pork sirloin roast (about 3 lbs.)
1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or chili paste
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger

For thickening:

2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil

1)  Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray for easier clean-up.

2)  Place roast in slow cooker, fat side up.

3)  In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, chili sauce and ginger.  Pour over the roast.

4)  Cook on low setting for 8 hours or until the roast breaks apart easily with a fork.

5)  Remove the roast to a cutting board; cool slightly.  Trim and discard any excess fat.  Shred pork with two forks.  Let cooking liquid stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise.  Skim off and discard fat.

6)  Stir water, cornstarch and oil in a small bowl until smooth; whisk into cooking liquid.  Turn slow cooker to High.  Cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thickened.

7)  Return shredded pork to slow cooker; mix well.  Cover and cook on High 15 - 30 minutes until heated through.

NOTES:

~To save on time, I did not thicken the sauce and it was fine, but just a bit runnier.  I drained it before putting it on my tortilla/lettuce leaf.



No comments: