Thursday, August 27, 2015

Maple-Glazed Pork Chops

I have made this before and I guess I forgot to add the recipe to my blog!  I made it again last night, SO easy and delicious!  I serve the meat to my kids without the sauce, but last night, my oldest asked for sauce and he loved it, score!

I know you'll love this recipe!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook, by Pamela J. Compart and Dana Laake

MAPLE-GLAZED PORK CHOPS

1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon safflower oil
4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick

1)  Whisk together the chicken broth, maple syrup, vinegar, dry mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and set aside.

2)  Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides and carefully add to the hot pan.

3)  Cook for 4 minutes, or until browned on one side.  Flip chops, add glaze ingredients and reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until pork registers 140 degrees in the center.

4)  Remove chops and cover with foil to keep warm.  Continue cooking glaze, uncovered, until thickened (adding any accumulated pork juices), 5 to 8 minutes.

5)  Pour glaze over chops and serve.

Notes:

~I highly recommend using pure maple syrup.  It's worth the extra expense if you can afford it!  If not, no worries, it will still taste delicious!

~You can use other oils if you don't have safflower oil.

~The sauce does NOT thicken, so I mixed about 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (or you can use another gluten-free flour) in a small bowl with about 2 tablespoons of water, mixed well, then added to the sauce.  It thickens up nicely then.  You can serve any extra sauce over rice or noodles.




No comments: