Thursday, August 20, 2015

Kirsten's Favorite Salad

After going Paleo recently (for elimination diet/allergy purposes), I came up with this little salad.  It's one of my favorite lunches!  I hope you like it!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

KIRSTEN'S FAVORITE SALAD

2-3 cups of your favorite greens
1 cup grilled chicken, chopped
1/2 cup of your favorite cheese, shredded or crumbled
1/2 cup small broccoli florets
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons poppy seed dressing

1)  Place the greens in a large bowl or plate and top with the other ingredients.

2)  Toss with the dressing and enjoy!

NOTES:

~I like to use a variety of greens such as, baby spinach, kale, butter lettuce and romaine.

~For the chicken, I grill up 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts at a time, lightly seasoned with a little salt and paprika.  I chop them and put them into baggies in 1 cup servings, then I freeze them until I'm ready to use them.

~I like to use Monterey jack or Colby cheese.  I used to buy pre shredded, but after realizing they add a filler to keep the cheese from sticking together, I buy it in bricks and shred it myself, it's more natural that way.  This would also be delicious with bleu or gorgonzola cheese!  If you go that route, I might change the poppy seed to a raspberry vinaigrette!

~I had fresh blueberries from Michigan, but you could really use any berry in this recipe.  You can play with it and omit or add whatever you like!  This mix is just one of my favorites.


No comments: