Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Paleo Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars

I made these for a dessert actually, and I thought they were delicious!  They aren't overly sweet, so as a breakfast bar, they would be awesome.  You can really taste the banana and the coconut behind that.  I love the texture.  I will definitely make these again!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from mommayoungathome.com via Pinterest.


PALEO COCONUT PECAN BREAKFAST BARS

Coconut Oil
2 eggs
1 banana
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans

1)  Preheat oven to 350F.  Use the coconut oil to grease an 8x8 pan.

2)  Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl and quickly whisk them up.

3)  Mash the banana and add to the bowl with the eggs, along with the honey and vanilla.

4)  Measure and add your coconut flour, making sure to combine everything well and ensuring there are no clumps.

5)  Measure and add the unsweetened shredded coconut and coconut milk and mix to ensure the batter is well combined.

6)  Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth it out.  Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top.

7)  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Keep an eye on them - when the edges are golden brown and the center is firm, they are done!

NOTES:

~Freezing these is a cinch!  Simply wait for them to cool, cut them to the desired size and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mine do not look anything like what is pictured. They are thin, dry, and almost tasteless, not enough batter for an 8x8 baking dish. There is no way I will be able to cut them into squares. I followed the recipe to the letter. Something seems to be missing.

Kirsten said...

I'm really sorry that I never addressed this comment! After my divorce, I didn't keep up with my blog and it turns out that the email address linked to it was changed, so I never got any notifications with comments! I finally got that fixed, so I apologize for the delay!

Anyway, I always double check recipes when I type them in, but it is possible that I could make a mistake. I looked up the original recipe and triple checked and it is correct, so I'm sorry you had a bad experience!

I'm not sure why it didn't turn out for you! I have made them many times and they have always turned out fine. Sorry! I would try them again, maybe you mismeasured something??