Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bacon Chicken Bites

I have NEVER done this before.  I haven't made this recipe yet!!  I am making it for dinner tonight, but I am 100% confident that it is going to be delicious, and since I am sitting down posting other recipes, I am posting it ahead of time!

I mean, we're talking chicken and bacon!  What could be bad, right!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS:  The recipe comes from one of my new favorite cook books, The Wellness Mama Cook Book, by Katie, the Wellness Mama.


BACON CHICKEN BITES

1 pound chicken breast (pastured)
1 package of nitrate free, gluten free bacon
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons raw honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1)  Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.

2)  Cut the bacon slices into thirds.

3)  Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.

4)  Wrap each chicken piece with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick if needed.

5)  Place in an oven safe dish. (Preferably with a rack to keep them off the bottom, but this is not required.)

6)  Mix mustard, honey and spices and pour/rub on top of each piece of bacon/chicken.

7)  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is browned and chicken is completely cooked.

8)  Cool slightly and serve.

9)  TIP: For extra flavor, garnish with a little goat cheese.

NOTES:

~They were AMAZING!!!

~One thing to note, I would definitely recommend putting them on a rack!  Otherwise, the bacon doesn't get crispy, it sits in the bacon grease and water from the chicken and says soft.  I think some of the sauce gets washed away as well, so next time I make these, I'll be putting them on a rack for sure!

~These make a fun dinner for kids, or a tasty appetizer for your next party!


No comments: