Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Scrambled Egg Muffins

I had a brunch at my house recently and I tried this recipe.  They were quick, easy, healthy and delicious!!  Not to mention gluten-free!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from Allrecipes.com


SCRAMBLED EGG MUFFINS

1/2 pound gluten-free bulk pork sausage
12 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

1)  Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.

2)  Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.

3)  Beat eggs in a large bowl.  Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Mix in sausage and cheddar cheese.  Spoon into muffin cups about 2/3 full.

4)  Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.

NOTES:

~I used grass-fed Chorizo instead of the pork sausage.  I am making them again today and I am using bacon.  You can use whatever type of gluten-free meat you want.  Just cook the meat ahead of time, then add to the mix.

~I used onion powder instead of garlic, since I am allergic to garlic.

~I omitted the cheese, since I cannot have dairy anymore, but you could use Daiya cheese or if you are lucky enough to be able to eat dairy, use whatever cheese you like!  It might be delicious with some pepper jack, to spice it up a bit!

~You can also play with the veggies and use whatever you like!  Some other ideas are mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, spinach and broccoli!

~Of course you can make this meatless too by leaving out the meat and replacing it with more veggies!



No comments: