Friday, October 21, 2022

Update!

 Hi gluten free friends,


Well, life certainly does change in the blink of an eye.  In my last update, I shared that I had remarried and sadly, this update finds me single once again.  It has been a painful couple of years, but you know what they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

I have a new career too!  I am a licensed cosmetologist and own my own business called Hair Crush, LLC.  I found my passion, being a hairstylist, so if you're in the Oswego, IL area - look me up!  My website is: Haircrush.GlossGenius.com.  I'd love to see you in my chair sometime!  We can talk gluten free recipes.  Anyway, enough about me...

How about all of the gluten free options out there now!!!  Things have changed SO much since I was first diagnosed with Celiac Disease so many years ago!  When I was diagnosed, nobody, including me, had even heard of Celiac Disease and I thought gluten sounded like someone who eats too much, wait, that's a glutton. Ha, you get my point, it wasn't even a thing!

I used to have to bake using a blend of 4-5 or more different types of gluten free flour and then I had to use a conversion chart to figure out how much to put into recipes in place of regular flour.  It was awful, and then most of the time, the end result was crumbly, dry and not even close to what the recipe would be had you used regular flour.

Fast forward a bunch of years to today and you can run to the grocery stop and pick up some measure for measure flour blend that makes your gluten free baked goods taste so good, you could fool people into thinking they were made with all purpose flour!

Life is good!!  So many options, so many restaurants with gluten free menus, it really is a great time to be gluten free!

I hope you enjoy my blog!  I don't add as many recipes as I used to, but I think you'll find some delicious recipes that you and your family (including your kiddos) will love to make and enjoy for years to come!

Feel free to pass it along to your gluten free family and friends too!  Sharing is caring!

Happy Fall!!

Kirsten


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and all of your endeavors! I too am a cosmetologist and have my own salon using gloss genius ☺️ You have great recipes and a loyal follower!

Kirsten said...

Aww, thank you so much!! I don’t know how, but I just saw your comment!! I’m so sorry! Have a wonderful summer! I hope to add some new recipes soon!