Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, but I just got around to making it finally!  I had it at her house and I absolutely loved it!  It's super easy, but so delicious and elegant looking if you want to impress dinner guests!  You might want to adjust it for your kiddos, I doubt they will like the green stuff floating in the sauce (spinach) or the sun-dried tomatoes!!  But I guarantee they will love the creamy cheesy sauce over some noodles!

Enjoy!

Kirsten


CREAMY TUSCAN GARLIC CHICKEN

1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup chicken broth

1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1-2 cloves fresh

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 cup spinach, chopped

1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes


1) In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook chicken on medium high heat 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.   Remove from pan and set aside.

2) Add heavy cream, broth, garlic, Italian seasoning and parmesan to the same pan.  Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to bubble and thicken.

3) Add the spinach and tomatoes and let simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.

4) Add the chicken back to the pan and cook until warm, just a few minutes.

5) Serve over gluten-free pasta


NOTES:

~I do heat the olive oil a bit before adding the chicken, but don't heat it too long at too high of heat or it will splatter like crazy when you add the chicken!

~I recommend using fresh garlic, and I used 3 cloves.

~For the parm, I like to use the grated kind in the green can, but you could certainly use shredded.

~I love Barilla's gluten-free pasta!  I prefer to serve this dish over spaghetti or fettucine, but you can choose your favorite noodle of course.

~I didn't chop the spinach, I just removed the stems and threw the leaves in whole.  This is personal preference, and I just didn't think the extra step was necessary!

~I did add some salt and pepper to the meat as it was cooking, and also to the sauce while it was simmering.

~If you really want to go all out, serve it with some gluten-free garlic bread! Yum!






No comments: