Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts

Hi friends!  I tried this recipe a couple of nights ago and it was so yummy!!  Most of my kids loved it.  A couple of them didn't like the taste of the crispy Parmesan coating, but they just scrapped it off.  I am a big proponent of making the kids eat what I make, but if they really don't like something, I'll make slight alterations to accommodate them, like leaving the sauce off or not putting seasoning on.  So next time I make this recipe, I'll probably just do a more traditional seasoning for the ones that don't like the Parmesan.

My husband and I loved it, as well as a few of the boys!  It's a very simple and quick recipe as well, so that's a plus!

I hope you enjoy it!
Kirsten

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN BREASTS

2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 2/3 cup grated)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray

1)  Coarsely grate the Parmesan cheese.

2)  Put the chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound it out to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch.

3)  Rub the top side of the breasts with half the mustard, then sprinkle with half the cheese, pressing lightly so it adheres, and season with half the pepper.  Flip the chicken pieces over and repeat on the other side.

4)  Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken to the pan and cook, without moving it, until the cheese on the bottom forms a deep brown crust that releases fairly easily from the pan, 3 to 4 minutes.  Flip and repeat on the other side, cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.

NOTES:

~I used the grated Parm in the green can and it was great!  Instead of sprinkling it on, I put the cheese in a dish and laid the chicken in it and pressed down.

~I doubled the recipe and did 8 breasts, since my family is a bit on the large side!

No comments: