Thursday, June 18, 2020

Grilled Chicken Skewers

I made these for the first time this week and everyone in my family LOVED them!!  I didn't add any "heat" to them, but I think they would be even better with a little cayenne added for some background heat!  I hope you like them as much as we did!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS

5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced

1)  Wash and trim excess fat from chicken thighs.

2)  Cut chicken into 2-inch strips.

3)  Combine chicken strips and all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Stir until well blended.

4)  Cover and refrigerate.  Let marinate at least 20 minutes.

5)  Place chicken slices on individual skewers.

6)  Place skewers on grill over medium heat.  Cook thoroughly on each side until done.

NOTES:

~I always use kosher salt in my recipes.

~I used bamboo skewers.  If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before you add the meat and put them on the grill!

~I served this with white rice and a side salad.  Everyone said that it went really well with the rice!





No comments: