Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I tried this recipe last night for the first time and it was AMAZING!!!  I have found that most garlic mashed potatoes in restaurants are not gluten free, unfortunately!  I was surprised by this!  This recipe is not only gluten free, but it's super easy as well!  They are so good, they don't even need gravy!  Although I served them with Pork Piccata and they were extra delicious with a little bit of that white wine, lemon sauce on top!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

GARLIC MASHED POTATOES

1 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, left unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 large cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

1)  Place the potatoes and garlic in a steamer basket fitter over a large pot of boiling water.  Cover and steam until the potatoes are knife-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.

2)  Warm the chicken broth in a small saucepan on the stove or in a glass container in the microwave.

3)  Remove the steamer basket and drain the water from the large pot.

4)  Transfer the potatoes and garlic to the pot, add the oil, salt and broth, and mash until smooth.

NOTES:

~I couldn't find Yukon Gold potatoes at the store, so I just went with another yellow potato.

~I recommend using a chicken broth that has only a few ingredients!  Some of them are full of unhealthy stuff, like MSG!  Aldi has a great organic broth that is super cheap!

~I always use Kosher salt for cooking.

~I did this in my rice cooker/steamer and it was SO easy!!  Also, I heated the chicken broth in the microwave,  You just want it to be warm so it doesn't cool off your potatoes!

No comments: