Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Maple Glazed Chicken Legs

What a simple recipe and your kids will LOVE it!  My kids thought it was so fun eating the chicken legs!  My oldest son has Aspergers, so he has some sensory issues and doesn't like to get his fingers dirty, so we just wrapped the bottom part of his chicken leg in a napkin and he went to town!

Enjoy!

Kirsten

PS: This recipe comes from The Autism Cookbook (101 Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes, by Susan K. Delaine

MAPLE GLAZED CHICKEN LEGS

6 medium chicken legs
1 cup 100% maple syrup
2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry seasoning (optional)

1)  Preheat oven to 375F.

2)  In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for chicken.  Stir with a whisk until blended.

3)  In a large freezer storage bag, combine glaze ingredients and chicken legs.  Seal the bag and use your hands to gently blend the maple seasoning into the chicken from the outside of the bag.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.

4)  Place the chicken on a glass baking dish and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.

NOTES:

~I bought two packages of all natural chicken legs for my family of four.  I think I ended up with about 20 legs.  I doubled the recipe and split them into two freezer bags.

~I did not dirty a mixing bowl.  I just put the glaze ingredients right into the bag and mixed them up by sealing the bag and "squishing" it with my hands.

~I did not use the curry, as I didn't think my children would be fond of that flavor.

No comments: