Monday, March 4, 2013

Teriyaki Pork Roast

Got a slow cooker cook book from the library and found this recipe in it.  I made it last night for dinner and it was awesome!!  It's also gluten and dairy-free!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: The recipe comes from the Taste of Home - The New Slow Cooker cook book.

TERIYAKI PORK ROAST

3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), halved
7 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water

1)  Combine the first seven ingredients in a greased slow cooker.  Add roast and turn to coat.  Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the roast reads 160F.  Remove roast and keep warm.

2)  In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Serve with the roast.

NOTES:

~My roast was a little smaller and I did not cut it in half, and it was still moist, juicy and delicious.

~I used apple cider because I happened to have some in the pantry.

~I used white wine vinegar, again, because it was easier to grab than the white vinegar.

~I used gluten-free tamari soy sauce.

~I served it with rice and put the sauce over the rice and the meat, it was awesome!

No comments: