Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gluten-Free Flour Blend For Breads

The Recipes for Gluten-Free Kids cookbook is quickly becoming my favorite!  I made my very first loaf of white sandwich bread using a recipe from this book and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!  The smell in the house while it was baking was heavenly.  My seven year old kept commenting about how good it smelled.  Today he tried the bread for the first time, plain, no butter or anything and he said it was delicious!  He said he likes it just plain for a snack!  Anyway, this flour blend is for that bread recipe, as well as others from that cook book.  I will specify this blend in any recipes that use it.

Happy Bread Making!
Kirsten

PS: This flour blend is from the Recipes for Gluten-Free Kids cookbook.

1 cup (158 grams) brown rice flour
1 cup (127 grams) sorghum flour
3/4 cup (90 grams) millet flour
1 cup (125 grams) tapioca flour
1 cup (128 grams) cornstarch
1/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes

1)  Combine in large bowl and whisk thoroughly; store in airtight container in refrigerator.

NOTES:

~I used Idahoan Original Mashed Potato Flakes.  They are gluten-free and do not show dairy in the ingredient list, but dairy may be used in their "natural flavoring", so if you are dairy-free, I would avoid this recipe, or maybe try it without that ingredient.

No comments: