Monday, November 9, 2015

Grecian Chicken

Another friend brought me this yummy chicken dish when I was recovering from my surgery and it was a favorite for sure!  Even my boys were asking me to get the recipe!  The friend who made it is one of those people who doesn't measure anything, so she gave me the ingredients and I had to wing it from there.  When I made it, it was a bit too lemony for my kids, but my husband and I loved it!  I'll guesstimate on the amounts and you can play with it to your liking!  The chicken falls off the bone and it's so juicy and delicious!  You're going to love it!

Enjoy!
Kirsten

GRECIAN CHICKEN

5-6 chicken thighs (skin on)
1 large yellow or sweet onion, cut into wedges
10-12 whole mini potatoes, washed (unpeeled)
Chicken broth
Basil
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Lemon

1)  Spray a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

2)  Place chicken thighs in the pan.

3)  Add onion wedges and potatoes around the chicken.

4)  Pour chicken broth into the pan, about half way up the chicken thighs, make sure the tops are showing!

5)  Add the juice of 1 lemon to the broth, or 1/2 a lemon if you want it less lemony.

6)  Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil.

7)  Bake at 350F for about 1 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and top is crusty and brown.

NOTES:

~  Of course you can use skinless chicken thighs if you want less calories or just don't like the skin.

~  The friend who made this for me did not put onions in it, so you can leave them out if you don't like them.  I thought it made a nice addition to the dish.

~ She told me to cook it for 2 hours, but I believe it was looking done a little before the hour and a half mark, so check on it after an hour and then watch it closely so the tops don't burn.
















No comments: