Friday, June 6, 2014

King Arthur Chocolate Cake Mix


My take on KING ARTHUR CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX:

I actually have a funny story to go along with this post!  We had a big luncheon at my boy's school and one of the ladies said she was going to bring gluten-free chocolate cupcakes.  They looked delicious and near the end of the luncheon, there were a few leftover, so I decided to try one.  I took one bite and honestly, I hadn't tasted anything that delicious since going gluten free two and a half years ago!  It was INCREDIBLE!!!  I would say even better than Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines, seriously!  In fact, it was so good that I started to think "There is NO WAY these are gluten free!"  So after taking a couple more bites, I threw the rest away, feeling quite certain that I would be throwing up within a couple of hours!

Well, I got home and wasn't feeling sick, so I e-mailed the girl who brought them and sure enough, they were gluten free!  It was King Arthur Chocolate Cake Mix!!!  If you haven't tried it - it will be your go to cake mix - FOR SURE!  I didn't notice any other flavors, but I'm sure they make a  yellow mix and I'm sure it's just as good!

I will also be posting about their pancake mix!  Again, you'd never know it was gluten free!  I was using Pamela's pancake mix, which I love, but since finding out that I have nut allergies, I cannot eat it anymore since it is made primarily with almond flour.  So we are switching to the King Arthur brand and it is WAY better anyway!!  Try it - I know you'll agree!

Happy chocolate cake baking!
Kirsten

No comments: