Monday, May 6, 2013

Pamela's Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix

My take on PAMELA'S CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE MIX:

All of the Pamela's products that I have tried have been AWESOME!!  Two of my favorites are the pancake mix, which is gluten-free, but not dairy-free and the cornbread mix, which is also gluten-free and at the moment, I can't remember if it's dairy-free or not.  They are incredible!

So the other day I tried this cookie mix.  It was also delicious!  The cookies are a tad darker in color than a regular chocolate chip cookie because they have a little cocoa powder in the mix.  They are gluten-free and dairy-free and super yummy.  My 5 year old son, Will, said that they were the best cookies I've ever made!

On the package, it says to flatten the cookies a bit before baking them.  It also says that the cookies will spread when you bake them.  Well, I did flatten them a bit, but I don't think they spread, but that was actually good, because they were sort of "cakey" and thick, which is a nice change from the flat, crunchy chocolate chip cookie.

Oh - and the dough is delicious too.  That is always one of my favorite things about making chocolate chip cookies - THE DOUGH!!

So, here's another Pamela's product that I can highly recommend.  The only negative thing I can say about them is that one bag only makes about 14 cookies! (Or maybe I just ate too much of the dough!)

Happy Baking!

Kirsten

No comments: