Thursday, April 4, 2013

Perfect Taco Salad

This recipe is INCREDIBLE if you like taco salad!  It's my favorite.  Sadly, being gluten-free, I can no longer enjoy the Doritos in it, but it is still delicious!  And you could always substitute tortilla chips to give it a little crunch.

Enjoy!
Kirsten

PS: I got the recipe from my sister-in-law, but I know it's a very popular recipe.  I have no idea from where it actually originated.

PERFECT TACO SALAD

2 pounds ground beef
1 package gluten-free taco seasoning
1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bottle Catalina salad dressing
1 large package shredded cheddar cheese
1 large bag Doritos, broken into pieces

1)  Brown the ground beef, drain and add the taco seasoning.

2)  Put the beef mixture into a large bowl.  Add the lettuce, onion and tomatoes and toss.

3)  Just before serving, add the chips and cheese and toss again.

4)  Add the dressing, mix well and serve.

NOTES:

~If you are gluten-free, you cannot add the Doritos, but like I said above, you could substitute some gluten-free tortilla chips.

No comments: