Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cinnamon Baked Sweet Potatoes

I had a girl's night recently with a couple of my sisters and my friend Virgene made these awesome sweet potatoes!  They were tender and sweet and I couldn't believe they didn't have any sugar on them!  I had to have the recipe!  I made them tonight for dinner and they were incredible, once again.  I'm not sure you can call it a recipe, it's a little vague when it comes to amounts, but here goes!

Enjoy,
Kirsten

CINNAMON BAKED SWEET POTATOES

Sweet potatoes (washed and cut into bite sized chunks, skin on)
Cinnamon
Paprika
Coconut oil

1)  Preheat oven to 375F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or brush with oil.

2)  Put sweet potatoes into a large bowl, drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and paprika.

3)  Toss until potatoes are covered evenly in the oil and spices.

4)  Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.

NOTES:

~I used about 6 sweet potatoes and I have a ton left over, which is what I wanted, but if you don't want leftovers, I wouldn't use more than 1 potato per person.

~I have no idea how much cinnamon and paprika I used.  Just sprinkle and toss, sprinkle and toss until it looks covered and smells nice!  I used more cinnamon than paprika, you want the paprika to be a background flavor, so don't use too much - and do not use Smoked Paprika - just regular Paprika!

~You could use olive, canola or any other oil, but I like coconut oil.  It's super healthy and it adds a great flavor to this dish.  Unless your house is hot, it will be solid, so you can melt it in the microwave first.





No comments: